Monday, June 3, 2013

Acrylic Landscpae Painting

I started this project off looking for a background, middleground, and foreground. After I found the pictures I put them together to make my project. Then I decided what colorscheme I would use. I decided to use monochromatic. This means I can only use one color and I chose blue. At first i didn't know how to work with only blue but then i started mixing it with its complementary, white and black.  Then I started actually working on the canvas. I started with sketching the mountains, ballons and the waterline. I painted the backgroud first so the horizon looked more natural. I painted the ballons last so they popped out more. Fo rthe ballon in the ballon i mixed the blue with its complimentary to increase its intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment